Considerations when deciding if
aBased on in vitro drug interaction studies.
- If they have asthma
- If they are allergic to other medicines
- If they are pregnant or intend to become pregnant
- If they are breastfeeding or intend to breastfeed
- About all of the medicines they are taking
Preparation and administration information1
- Do not use if the oxygen indicator has turned blue or purple before opening the package; once overwrap package is opened, use within 24 hours (see video below for more details)
- Visually inspect for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration
- Promptly discontinue the infusion upon the first observation of any signs or symptoms consistent with a hypersensitivity reaction
- Other medications should not be injected into the infusion bag or mixed with
- Patients should be monitored carefully for hypersensitivity reactions, and if they occur, discontinue
RADICAVA®, treat per standard of care, and monitor until the condition resolves
- Advise patients to seek immediate medical care if they experience signs or symptoms of a hypersensitivity reaction or a sulfite allergic reaction
How to infuse
Watch a brief video that explains how to administer and store
Preparing the infusion bag
Follow these instructions to help prevent damage to the stopper and avoid leakage of medication. You can also download these instructions.
Step 1: Align Spike
Handle the bag gently. Hold the bag with the rubber stopper facing upward. If the bag is already hanging, remove it from the IV pole. Align the spike to the center of the stopper without twisting. DO NOT spike upward. It is important NOT to insert the spike at an angle.
Step 2: Carefully Insert Spike
Very gently and carefully insert the spike straight into the center of the stopper. It is important not to twist the spike when inserting it into the IV bag. Be sure to only spike once.
Avoid Damage to the Stopper
- DO NOT twist the spike
- DO NOT insert the spike at an angle
- DO NOT insert the spike too deep
- DO NOT spike multiple times
Doing so may damage the stopper and cause medication leakage.
NEVER INFUSE A BAG IF THE SPIKE HAS BEEN IMPROPERLY INSERTED INTO THE RUBBER STOPPER, CAUSING MEDICATION LEAKAGE.
- RADICAVA Prescribing Information. Jersey City, NJ: Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc.; 2018.
- RADICAVA Patient Information. Jersey City, NJ: Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc.; 2018.